Oh my goodness, it’s hard to believe this pregnancy has gone by so quickly. I remember just finding out on our anniversary that we were pregnant. All the sweet milestones so far have just been such a miracle to witness. We loved getting to see our little boy at our 20wk appointment! We’re now loving getting to feel him kick and move in my tummy. We’re finally done with the nursery and here is a little sneak peek!
I’m not going to lie, creating a baby registry was actually kind of hard for me. As a first time mother, I wasn’t sure what to ask for so I called in reinforcements. I enlisted the help of family and close friends for advice on what they recommended and thank goodness I did. Everyone has been super helpful with all the tips…. Before I go into a few items from my list I just wanted to say I created my registry through BabyList and the website was very user friendly. What I love about it, is I can add items from any website and they can all be compiled into one place. Below is a list of nine items I was told to add to our registry. As our baby shower came and went, we are now realizing how important and convenient these are going to be for our new lifestyle.
1. Uppababy Vista Stroller – I’ve heard so many great things about this stroller. A lot of friends have this stroller and they recommend that I look into it when we started to baby shop. We decided to go with the stroller and the car seat. Both items have really great safety standards and come in a variety of colors. Right now Uppababy is offering 20% off.
2. Hatch Baby Sound Machine – I can’t imagine life without a sound machine. I myself love the one we have in our room. This one I saw online and it has some really great reviews. I love the fact that it comes with an app. I think to be able to control the noise and light from my phone will be so key.
3. Boon Grass Drying Rack – We’re hoping we can breastfeed, but I also wanted to sign up for some baby bottles just in case. With that I thought it would be great to have a drying rack for the bottles. A couple of my friends have these drying racks and honestly I always thought they were so cute and couldn’t wait for the day that I got to use one of my own.
4. Munchkin Step Diaper Pail – I think all moms might tell you that a diaper pail is a must. I personally saw this one online and read the reviews. This item will be so nice to keep the “stench” to a minimum.
5. Ergobaby Baby Carrier – A baby carrier was a must have on my registry. I’ve heard so many moms talk about how nice it is to have both hands free while also holding the baby. A couple of my friends recommended the Ergobaby brand and so I added it to our registry.
6. Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper – This is one of those items that I can’t wait to use. We actually got to open a baby registry gift a little early when my mom got us the halo bassinest premier swivel sleeper. I love the fact that it pulls right up next to your bed and that it vibrates and plays music. I think this item will be a came changer during the first few months.
7. Kekaroo Peanut Changer – There are so many changing pads out there, but how cute is this updated version of a classic changing pad. I think it’s so adorable!
8. Freshly Picked Diaper Backpack – I’ve searched the internet and in stores for a fashionable, but also practical diaper backpack. I think this one meets those needs for sure. A couple of my friends have this one and they seem to love it!
9. Owlet Smart Sock – I’ve heard personal stories from momma friends that this item has allowed them to sleep more soundly at night. I think knowing that your baby is breathing and that their heart rate is normal is so key to allowing the parents to get some rest.
One thing to note – we found most of these items on sale through Black Friday and other holiday sales. Make sure to shop around before buying to find the discounts. We’re 39 weeks now and our son could arrive at any time. I can finally say our nursery is done and we are ready to meet our little babe. Here soon I will do a nursery reveal post that will most likely coincide with newborn photos. For now though, we are resting up and waiting for his arrival!
All the best,